When winter weather strikes it is important to be prepared and safe. While making sure you have enough bread and milk is one concern… a bigger one is making sure you are heating your home safely.
The CDC has wonderful information about food, heating, health & safety suggestions.
- Be careful when using wood stoves, fireplaces, or space heaters to heat your home.
- Avoid using candles during a power outage. Use flashlights or lanterns instead.
- Never use an electric generator or a gas or charcoal grill indoors. The fumes are deadly. Conserve heat in your home.
- Monitor body temperature for infants and older adults.
- Leave water taps slightly open to prevent pipes from freezing.
- Eat well-balanced meals to stay warm. Avoid alcohol and caffeine
MarketPlace REALTY offers a wide portfolio of real estate services in the Shenandoah Valley. Call 540-450-2747 for a custom consultation, or visit us atand discover all of our beautiful current listings. We are located at 302 South Braddock St. Winchester VA, 22601. Angela Duncan, Broker. Licensed in VA and WV. Equal Housing Opportunities.